Dr Jenny Korkodeilou
- Allerton Building L510
- T: 0161 2958104
- E: E.Korkodeilou@salford.ac.uk
- SEEK: Research profile
I studied Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in Greece graduating with a first honours degree in 2003. I then completed my first MSc in Addictive Behaviours at the University of Liverpool in 2005 and worked for a while as a psychologist in Greece in different NGOs. In 2009 I completed my second MA in Applied Criminal Justice and Criminology at Swansea University gaining a distinction. As a result I received a PhD studentship. My PhD thesis explored the impact of stalking and criminal justice system responses to this type of abuse based on victims’ accounts. I was awarded my PhD in 2014 and I have since published papers for leading international journals such British Journal of Criminology and International Review of Victimology. In 2015 I took up a post as Lecturer in Criminology at Sheffield University (School of Law) where I was the module convenor for ‘Youth Crime and Justice’ and ‘Methods of Criminological Research’. I’ve joined Salford University as Lecturer in Criminology in September 2016.
My research expertise and interests include stalking/harassment victimization and perpetration, victim/victimology, interpersonal abuse and criminal justice system responses, violence against women and qualitative research methods.
- Theoretical Criminology
- Crime and Society
- Criminal Justice Process
- Criminal Justice and Human Rights (Module Leader)
- Violence and Society
- Stalking (harassment) victimization/perpetration and its effects
- Interpersonal abuse and criminal justice system responses
- Substance use and criminal behaviour
- Violence against women
- Qualitative research methods
- Comparative Criminology
Qualifications and Memberships
- BA (Honours) in Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology (from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens)
- MSc in Addictive Behaviours (from the University of Liverpool)
- MA (Distinction) in Applied Criminal Justice and Criminology (from Swansea University)
- PhD in Criminology (from Swansea University)
- Member of British Society of Criminology (BSC)
- Member of European Society of Criminology Victims’ Network
- Member of Welsh Centre for Crime and Social Justice
Korkodeilou, J. (2016), ''No place to hide': Stalking victimisation and its psychosocial effects', International Review of Victimology (in press).
Korkodeilou, J. (2016), 'Stalking Victims, Victims of Sexual Violence and Criminal Justice System Responses: Is there a Difference or 'Just Business as Usual'?', The British Journal of Criminology, 56(2), pp.256-273.
Korkodeilou, J. (2014), 'Dealing with the unknown: Learning from stalking victims' experiences', Crime Prevention and Community Safety: An International Journal, 16(4), pp.253-268.