- I started in November 2000
- Senior Lecturer December 2007
- I have worked as a module lead and was Programme Lead for the Nursing DipHE 2006- 2010 I was from May 2010 until September 2015 the schools Examination and Assessment Lead implementing e-marking, grade descriptor review and holding marking workshops as well as the dat to day organisation of academic teams and academic related staff
- I have chaired the school Assessment committee between 2010 – 2015 responsible for the review of new assessments prior to approval for use and ensuring internal verification was completed throughout the year.
- Currently Strategic Lead University Link Lecturer Royal Bolton Hospital FT and sitting on their workforce development group
- I am an external examiner at the University of Cumbria
- I am the C16Simulated nursing practice lead
My academic interests focus on adult nursing but particularly acute and critical care as my clinical speciality was neurosurgical nursing. involved in the delivery of Nursing Practice and Clinical Decision Making module Year 2 Semester 3 on the pre-registration Nursing programmes. I am a personal tutor for the new C16 curriculum I am a module team member for the post qualifying modules, Patients Experience of Neurosurgical Nursing level 6 and Acute Neuroscience care level7 , Legal aspects of Health Care level 6, Clinical decision making level 6 &7. I am also a guest speaker on the Advanced Practice Course and teach on the AIM programme. Formally a member of the undergraduate College Research panel and the University College Research, innovation and Academic Engagement Ethical Approval Panel up to 2011.
Simulated Nursing Practice Lead for C16 curriculum development
My research interests have been around medicines management having published two chapters in 2011 I was asked to update this publication but the project is incomplete. I have also just completed the updateing of another chapter due for publication 2017.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered General Nursing 1982
- Registered Mental Health Nursing 1986
- ENB148 1984 ENB 998
- City and Guilds 7307
- BA (HONS) Health Studies 1999.
- PGCE(HE) 2001/2
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2004
- MA Heath Care Ethics and Law 2006
- RNT 2009
- RCN member
- British Association of Neuroscience Nursing
- Royal Bolton Hospital FT Workforce Development Group
- UoS PARP member
- UoS Academic regulations subcommittee member
Braine, ME, Gawthorpe, DM, Howe, PD and Ratcliffe, SM 2014, Through the keyhole , in: 43rd British Association of Neuroscience Nurses Annual Conference, 17-18 October 2014, Manchester. (Unpublished) Item not available from this repository.
Gawthorpe, DM and Rosen, L 2011, 'Student facing procedures'. The improvement of student engagement using Podcast Version 2 - A pilot , in: Education in a Changing Environment (ECE) 6th International Conference, Creativity and Engagement in Higher Education, 6-8-July 2011, University of Salford, Greater Manchester, UK.
Braine, ME, Gawthorpe, DM, Howe, PD and Ratcliffe, SM “Through the key hole” - the patients’ perspective , in: British Association of Neuroscience Nurses - Annual Autumn Conference, 17th-18th October 2014, Palace Hotel, Manchester. (Unpublished)
- Neuroscience Nursing