Senior Lecturer in Social Work
Prior to taking up academic posts, I worked as a probation officer and approved mental health social worker.
I teach on mental health and social theory modules. I lead the MA Research in Practice module as well as supervising students.
- Mental health issues in the Criminal Justice System
- Advanced marginality, poverty and social work practice
- Critical perspectives on psychiatry
- The history of Community Care
Qualifications and Memberships
• MA (Cantab), MA (Econ), CQSW
• HCPC Registered Social Worker (SW22294)
- Cummins, I.D 2015, 'Reading Wacquant : social work and advanced marginality' , European Journal of Social Work, 19 (2) http://usir.salford.ac.uk/34078/
- Cummins, ID 2013, 'Using Simon's Governing through crime to explore the development of mental health policy in England and Wales since 1983' , Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law, 34 (3) , pp. 325-337 http://usir.salford.ac.uk/28322/