Senior Lecturer Counselling Studies/Director Admissions
- Mary Seacole MS3.48
- T: 0161 295 2484
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEK: Research profile
Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00
I joined the University of Salford in 1997 as a Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have spent 23 years in counselling and psychotherapy practice, education, management and research.
Current role and responsibilities
I am a senior lecturer responsible for the MSc Counselling CPD route and I am MSc dissertation year (year 3) coordinator on the MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am a University Mediator.
My academic interests focus on counselling and psychotherapy practice and policy, supervision, post traumatic stress, counselling and psychotherapy assessment and. qualitative research methodologies. I teach at every level on undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes and supervise postgraduate students. I am responsible for modules on Research Methods and Mental Health and provide group supervision in the professional training programmes.
My PhD studies examined the ways in which psychotherapeutic models assessed clients for counselling and psychotherapy.
Assessment in counselling and psychotherapy, Complex grief, PTSD ,Supervision and Group work
Qualifications and Memberships
- Phd University of Manchester 2010
- Dip Psychotherapy 1997- 2000 NWIDP
- Manchester Groupwork Certificate 1995-6
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Approaches to practice 1994-5
- Dip Counselling 1989-90
- Cert Counselling Skills 1988-89
- PGCE Wall Hall Herts 1979-1980
- B.A. (hons) English and American Literature 1975
- Full Member of Research Centre: Centre for Social Justice Research from May 2009 to present.
- UKCP registered Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist 2000-present
- NWIDP ( North West Institute for Dynamic Psychotherapy) membership 1997-present
Coldridge, E 2012, 'Reliable witnessing in supervision', Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal, pp.11-15. 7
Reeves, D A & Coldridge, E 2007, “A Question of Balance: Using CORE-OM to Assess Suicide Risk. ', Journal of the Association for University and College Counsellors. 2005
Coldridge, E 2005, 'In training', HCPJ. 2005
Coldridge, E 2005, 'Training counsellors for the NHS', CPJ. 2005
Coldridge, E 2005, 'Training counsellors for the NHS-ducklings or swans', HCPJ.
Coldridge, E 2003, 'Making notes of counselling and psychotherapy', BACP, report/information sheet.
Coldridge, E 2003, 'Who's counting? Access to UK counsellor training: a demographic profile of trainees on four courses ', CPR-.
Coldridge, E 1996, 'Transitional objects in transitional space', Psychodynamic counselling.