Ward M3 Dermatology - SRFTP 41
|Placement Title||Ward M3 Dermatology - SRFTP 41|
|Your Placement Contact||Melanie Casey, Marisa Berrisford - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
|Placement Address||Hope Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford, M6 8HD|
|Placement Phone||0161 - 206 4012|
|Your University Contact:||Mike Lappin - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
Students will be assigned a mentor / associate mentor and will be given a K1 orientation pack.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Students will be allocated a mentor / associate mentor in advance. They will also be assigned to a team.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
7.30 - 3.30
13.00 - 21.00
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Dermatology ( 14 beds ) and Rheumatology ( 5 beds ).
- Students will get the chance to observe specialist dermatology treatments being applied, and if they want, they can take part in applying the treatments.
- They will also be able to be involved in MDT meetings.
- They will have the chance to spend a week in dermatology out-patients, observing theatre procedures, patch testing, phototherapy and clinics.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan and Tierney Model of Nursing
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- General Nursing Care
- MDT Meetings and Assessments
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Dermatology Treatments, both Topical and Systemic
- Rheumatology Treatments.
What resources are available to help students learning?
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
5 day spoke in dermatology out-patients.
We understand that dermatology will be new to most students, and we feel this is the chance to observe and learn new skills, that will enable the student to care for patinets in other settings with dermatology conditions.
Practice Education Facilitator - Julianah Oluwasakin - Practice Education Facilitator, Learning & Development Dept, 2nd Floor, Mayo Building, SRFT