Ward C2 Neuro-Rehabilitation Ward - SRFTP 35
|Placement Title||Ward C2 Neuro-Rehabilitation Ward - SRFTP 35|
|Your Placement Contact||Estella Johnson, Sanata Fernandez - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Hope Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford, M6 8HD|
|Placement Phone||0161 - 206 - 1033/2388|
|Your University Contact:||Mary Braine - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Orientation to the ward
- Discussion of learning needs
- MDT placement/secondment
- Off duty
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
- Assessors/Mentors are allocated prior to arrival.
- Students can ask for different ones if they want to
- Negotiate Mentor Initial meeting to be arranged
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
12 Hr shifts are in operation
Days - 07.00 - 19.30
Nights - 19.00 - 07.30
Plus 1 half day per month 07.00 - 13.30 to make up the hours to 150.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Acquired brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Basic nursing care e.g., eye care, mouth care, bed bathing, urinary catheter care, meeting nutritional needs (PEG, NG), positioning and mobility, tracheostomy care
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Adapted Roper, Logan and Tierney Model of Nursing.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
A variety of skills, including administration of medication, recording of vital signs, neuro observation, care of peg feed, basic nursing care.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- One to care of patients with cognitive behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Management of cognitive, behavioural and emotional problems
- Working with occupational therapists, physiotherapists and neuropsychologist
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Learning packages
- Neuroscience Library
- On-line policies and procedures
- Resource room
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Fim and Fam audit tools
- Clinical governance neurorehabilitation meetings
- Occupational smart testing
- Rehabilitation complexity scale
- PTA assessments
Assessors - mentors
RN Sinata Fernandez
RN Estella Jonhson
Insight into the role of the specialist nurse
Voluntary sector, and neurorehabilitation services across Greater Manchester
Insight into the role of the assistant practitioner in neurosciences
Neurorehabilitation process e.g., splinting, positioning, therapeutic activities
Practice Education Facilitator - Mike Hollinshead - Pre-Registration Practice Education Facilitator, Learning & Development Dept, 2nd Floor, Mayo Building, SRFT