Broughton Integrated Care Team DN - SPCTP 6
|Placement Title||Broughton Integrated Care Team DN - SPCTP 6|
|Your Placement Contact||Alison Owen, Dawn Thomond - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
|Placement Address||Lower Broughton Health Centre, Great Clowes St, M7 1RD|
|Placement Phone||Central District Nursing - 0161 909 6554 - The best method of contacting this placement is via email|
|Your University Contact:||Lyn Rosen - 295 2767 - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Full orientation to building
- Staff Members
- Introduction to Community Nursing
- Allocated Mentor/Associate Mentor
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
- Orientation to placement area and team
- Allocated a mentor/associate mentor
- Students identified outcomes discussed
- Overview of placement Documentation discussed.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
08.00 - 16.00
09.00 - 17.00
10.00 - 18.00
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Housebound patients
- Treatment room
- Residential Homes
- Sheltered Accommodation
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan and Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
Wound care Terminal care Palliative care Continence assessment Chronic Disease Management Holistic Assessment
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Eye care
- Administration medication
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- First Aid
- Skill Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Pressure relief
- Ear Care
- Leg ulcer assessment and treatment
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Computer - access internet
- Intranet wide range of literature
- Nursing journals
- Policies procedures
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Integrated Care Pathways
- Harm free care
- Pressure ulcer prevention
- Integrated working
- Better care at lower cost
Students are able to arrange spoke placements with all members of the primary health care team.
Students are given every opportunity to expand and practice clinical skills by taking active part in all aspects of nursing care.