Heartly Green - Intermediate Care Team - SPCTP 42
|Placement Title||Heartly Green - Intermediate Care Team - SPCTP 42|
|Your Placement Contact||Claire Rigby, Gaynor Loghan - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
Intermediate Care Nursing
|Placement Address||34 Cutnook Ave, Irlam, M44 6JX|
|Placement Phone||0161 206 8048|
|Your University Contact:||Alison Cavanagh - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Allocation of mentor
- Orientation to units and all staff
- Welcome pack
- Quiet room for study
- Journals available
- Student notice board which provides information
- Opportunity to shadow therapy staff, social workers
- Case studies / scenarios to complete
- End of placement evaluation
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
We will allocate a mentor as soon as we are aware fop a students commencing placement at Heartly Green.
The mentor will provide the student with a welcome pack and an orientation to the unit.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
8 am - 9pm ( three shifts per week) Monday - Sunday 8am - 6.00pm ( four shifts per week) Monday - Sunday 8pm - 9am ( only night duty if accompanying mentor shifts).
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Essential Nursing Care. Intermediate Care.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan & Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
We utilise excellent clinical skills to provide high quality care to our patients. Students can increase their complexity while developing clinical judgement and confidence.
We provide holistic care and problem solving skills, wound care management and the students can observe venepuncture.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Wound care, ANTT, observe IV therapy and use of IVACs.
- Observe medication rounds.
- Learn catheter care management for males and families.
- Nursing assessment e.g. care planning pathway for patients needing c/o fractured femur.
- Involvement in planning/ best interest meetings.
- Discharging of patients.
What resources are available to help students learning?
- In-house working
- MDT meetings
- Cross organisational working
- Spoke placement
- Student welcome packs
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Nursing Assessment Accreditation Standards
- Falls change package
- Clostridium Difficile Change package
- Rapid Response (212 4199)
- Community Rehabilitation and supported discharge team (906 1550)
- Discharge Assessment Team (206 1074)
- Irlam District Nurses [Integrated Health & Social Care team] (686 5200)