Salford Health Matters - SPCTP 35
|Placement Title||Salford Health Matters - SPCTP 35|
|Your Placement Contact||Moira Ogunsakin - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
Lead Practice Nurse
|Placement Address||The Willow Tree Healthy Living Centre, 94 Littleton Road, Salford M7 3SE|
|Placement Phone||0161 212 5815|
|Your University Contact:||Cath Savin - 2952728 - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Placed with Chisoma Williams, Margaret Whelan, Janet Walsh, Catherine Colborn, Pippa Dorey, Alex Lincoln or Gary Sheppard
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
08:00 - 17:00
12pm till 8pm.
Able to attend out of hours
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Family Planning
- Chronic Disease Management
- General Practice Triage
- Save Haven Patients
- Refugees/Homeless/Hard to Reach
- Multi cultural Population
- Deprived Area/Social Mental Health Needs
- National Immunisation Programe - Children & Adults
- National Cytology Screening Programme
- Travel Immunisations
- 1 to 1 Consultations, Assessments
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Social model of care - R.L.T
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- IT. net
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Small libary on site
- St James public libary
- World Model
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Members of staff MSC students
- Drs 1 MSC
- 1 Diploma Consultant Research Practice.
- District Nurse
- Health Visitor
- School Nurses
- Baby Clinic
- Modern matron
- GP in different social area
- Out of hours
- Intermediate Care
- Diabetes Team
- City West Housing
- Virtual Ward
- Multi Disciplinary Group Team
- Nutrition Team
- Try as many community placements as possible.
Practice Education Facilitatior:-