Urgent Care Centre - PARP 39
|Placement Title||Urgent Care Centre - PARP 39|
|Your Placement Contact||Angela Creighton, Yvonne Warwick - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Phone||01706 517023 Urgent Care Centre, Rochdale Infirmary, Whitehall Street, Rochdale, OL12 0NB|
|Your University Contact:||James Richardson - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
09.00 - 17.20
16.00 - 00.20
21.00 - 07.00
Other shifts include 08.00 - 21.20 13.00 - 21.20 The above times are the common shift times of full time staff however we are flexible.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Assessment and management of the unwell/injured adult and child
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Triage skills
- Health promotion
- Wound assessment and management
What nursing model is used for planning care?
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Recognition of the acutely unwell adult and child
- Recording and actioning of observations
- Wound care management
- ECG recording and interpretation
- Pain assessment and management
- Principles of infection control
- Discharge planning
- Plastering skills
- Medicines management
- Documentation skills
- Developing good communication skills
- Promotion of health and well being
- Record keeping
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Health and Safety Policy
- Fire Policy
- Student notice board
- Sickness and absence policy
- Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Visits which can be arranged:-
- Eye Clinic
- ENT Clinic
- Transfer of care team
- Children's outreach team
- Clinical Assessment Unit
- Early Pregnancy Unit
- Plaster Room
Special knowledge and information which would be useful to the student:-
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Common analgesics
- Principles of wound healing