Programmed Investigations Unit/Rheumatology Hub - PARP 35
|Placement Title||Programmed Investigations Unit/Rheumatology Hub - PARP 35|
|Your Placement Contact||Gabrielle Murphy and Josie Fletcher - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Phone||01706 517488 - Rochdale Infirmary, Whitehall St, Rochdale, OL12 0NB|
|Your University Contact:||Peter McGovern - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Please download the Student Welcome Booklet prior to commencing placement.
- Welcome to ward
- Induction to staff and Mentor
- Orientation booklet and welcome booklet
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Off duty planningYearly attendance of Mentor updates Mentor workshop
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
08.00 - 16.00 Monday to Friday
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Consultant & specialist nurse input for rheumatology conditions.
- Care of patients undergoing medical investigatins such as Endocrinology tests and gasto-intestinal procedures
- Care of renal patients requiring iron infusions and aranesp injections to treat anaemia.
- Care of patients undertaking treatments such as blood transfusions, chemotherapy and venesections.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan and Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills intravenous
- Intra-muscular and subcutaneous drug therapy administration skills use of medical devices to deliver drug therapy.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Blood products transfusion care
- Chemotherapy uses
- Safe administration handling and disposal of cytoxic drugs
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Internet access resource room
- Learning packages, books and journals
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Research into drugs used in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Crohns Disease.
- Pharmacy, path lab.MDT:- Specialist nurses, physiotherapist and podiatrist based on the unit.X-ray department
- Ultrasound scans and CT scans
On this ward staff believe we can offer an excellent learning environment to students. All staff are motivated and willing to share knowledge.