Stansfield Place - PCRP 9
|Placement Title||Stansfield Place - PCRP 9|
|Your Placement Contact||Samantha Costello, Michelle Shepherd and David Searles - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
Charge Nurse, Practice Education Lead
|Placement Address||1 Marshall Street, Rochdale, OL16 5PX|
|Placement Phone||01706 676450/676451, Fax - 01706 676452|
|Your University Contact:||Suzanne King - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Full key induction
- Full net induction
- Meeting with mentor
- Individualized action plans related to each students learning needs.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
A mentor is pre identified before a student comes onto the placement area.
This information will be available for the student when they telephone the Unit to arrange a visit and to meet the mentor.
An associate mentor will also be allocated to a student thus providing further support to the student and mentor.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
07:30 - 13:30
12.45 - 19:45
19.30 - 07.45
- Long days - 07:30 till 19:45
- Staff generally work long days 3 days one week and 4 days the nest
- This is negotiable.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) patients moving on from the Low Secure Rehabilitation Service to a variety of Community based Services depending on need.
Patients with a varying degree of Mental Illness/Care Treatment Plans.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Stress Vulnerability Model is utilized on the Unit plus other Psycho-Social Intervention and Models.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- MDT Working
- Risk assessment/management
- The Implementation of the Care Pathway
- CBT Therapy
- Psycho Social Interventions
- Medication administration
- Treatment and Care Planning
- Therapeutic Relationship.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Networking with external agencies
- Family Interventions.
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Access to Nursing, Medical, Psychological and Community Services and Professionals
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Active Rehabilitation Development
- Development of Care Pathway Team(focus of Admission and Discharge).
- High Dependency Unit
- Womans Secure Unit
- Community Based Services
- Assertive Outreach
- Mens Prison Psychiatric Service,(exceptional circumstances).