Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment Service - PCRP 12
|Placement Title||Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment Service - PCRP 12|
|Your Placement Contact||Sally Knight, Kyle Eastwood - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Lawerence Burns Unit, Birch Hill Hospital, Rochdale Site, Rochdale, OL12 9RD|
|Placement Phone||01706 676 100 (administrator)|
|Your University Contact:||Caroline Morton - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Meeting with your mentor/associate, who will orientate you to the placement area and introduce you to the staff members
- Your induction page in your booklet will be completed and you will be guided to the policies/procedures which have to be adhered to in all cases
- CRHT will supply a booklet about the team with lots of useful information inside.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
You will be asked to complete your off duty (late & earlies equally) on a weekly basis in line with working three shifts per week with your mentor and to allocate yourself at least one weekend per month completing 37.5 hours per week
You and your mentor should agree two further dates to place in the diary with regards to your mid/final assessment allocating enough time to complete your booklet
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
08.00 - 1600
14.00 - 22.00
21.30 - 08.30
Please be aware some members of the team work 08.00 - 22.00; this does not necessarily mean you have to do this, as it is a long day and can be very tiring at times alongside your theory study time.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Ongoing Risk assessment Assessment, care planning, implementing and evaluating individual care of clients
- Numerous rating scales for completion Education around their illness/medications
- Discussions around alternative Management/coping strategies to promote positive coping mechanisms
- Lots of educational literature to support this
- Needs led Signposting onto relevant agencies MDT discussions/management
What nursing model is used for planning care?
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating individual care of clients
- Ongoing Risk assessment, health and safety of clients/others
- Numerous rating scales
- Physical observations
- Medication management
- Working within a MDT
- Exposure to other agencies
- Communication, promoting reflection, observations, documentation.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- The Rationale for treating people in their own homes as opposed to inpatient admission
- Education around mental illness/medications
- Time management
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Knowledge from a very experienced MDT from a wide range of clinical areas
- Internet access
- Educational materials
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Available in our placement booklet.
Ongoing support from all the CRHT staff members. Please dont hesitate to contact the above number for general enquiries.