Ward T5 - PAOP 25
|Placement Title||Ward T5 - PAOP 25|
|Your Placement Contact||Jane Charnock, Christine Nixon, Tsitsi Ruwanza - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
|Placement Address||Royal Oldham Hospital, Rochdale Rd, Oldham, OL1 2JH|
|Placement Phone||0161 627 8428 / 8429|
|Your University Contact:||June Rutherford - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Named Mentor
- Student Orientation Booklet
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
- 3 have Preparation for Mentorship
- 6 have 998
- 5 Associate Mentors
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
07:30 - 15:30
12:30 - 20:30
Long Day:- 07:30 - 20:30
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Immediate Post Operative Care
- Stoma Care
- Clip/Drain Control
- I.V/N.G/JEJ and PEG Feeding
- Palliative Care/Basic Nursing Care
- Drug Administration
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan and Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Simple drug calculations
- Multi Disciplinary Interactions
- Moving and Handling
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Accurate Intake and Output
- Multidisciplinary involvement
- Importance of dietician role
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Student Orientation Pack
- Students files
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- 3rd Years only - Stoma/colorectal nursing specialist
- X-Ray for endoscopic resrograde pancreatophotography (ERCP)
- Discharge Co-ordinator