Health Young Minds Oldham - PCOP 12
|Placement Title||Health Young Minds Oldham - PCOP 12|
|Your Placement Contact||Natasha Nelson - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
|Placement Address||Royal Oldham Hospital, Rochdale Road, Oldham, OL1 2JH|
|Placement Phone||0161 627 8080|
|Your University Contact:||Angelina Chadwick - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Induction programme for first week
- Induction package given on arrival.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Presently there is 1 mentor and 1 associate mentor. They take responsibility for supervision during the placement.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
We are a PT Unit working Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Planning and Evaluation
- A wide range of the Therapeutic Interventions in CBT, Family Theraphy, Psychotheraphy, Narrative Therapy, Parenting programmes.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
No specific nursing model used. A variety of theories and models implemented.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Assessment of MH needs of young children and adolescents.
- Interventions with young people
- Family work
- Parenting work
- Understanding of child development.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
Opportunities to work with wide range of professional and understand their roles.
Experience of wide range of therapeutic interventions.
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Access to internet
- Up to date library, relevant books and journal
- Weekly in-house professional development sessions.
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Audit Links to Assist Trial (group work with adolescents who self-harm).
- In PT Units
- Social Services
- Woodfield (LD Service)