Wigan and Leigh Drug and Alcohol Recovery Partnership - GMWP 75
|Placement Title||Wigan and Leigh Drug and Alcohol Recovery Partnership - GMWP 75|
|Your Placement Contact||Sara Hatfield - 01942- 827979 - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
Senior Substance Misuse Nurse
|Placement Address||Kennedy HouseBrunswick St, Leigh, WN7 2PJ|
|Placement Phone||01942- 404299|
|Your University Contact:||Joanne Keeling - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Introduction to all staff members
- Student Induction Pack Issued
- Full timetable for placement negotiated and issued to student
- Orientated to service environment
- Initial interview completed to establish goals and expected learning outcomes for placement
- Tour of building to ensure all students are aware of all fire break glass points, location of all fire fighting equipment and local evacuation procedures
- Service philosophy discussed
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Students work with mentor/assessor for a minimum of 2 days a week.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
Open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. Late night Wednesday until 7pm.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Single point of contact assessments.
Medical reviews including Consultants, Staff Grad Medics and Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
Blood Borne virus screening and immunisations.
Centre based Alcohol and Drug Detoxification.
Referral to external bodies.
Active Case Management Team.
Dual Diagnosis Nurse.
Gastroenterology Ward at Wigan Infirmary
What nursing model is used for planning care?
- Recovery Model
- Harm Reduction Framework
- Team Nursing
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Overdose prevention
- Safer Injecting techniques
- Harm Minimisation
- Assessment and care planning
What resources are available to help students learning?
Access to Trust Intranet.
Multidisciplinary Team Meetings.
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Chapman Barker Unit.
Hep C Specialist Nurse.
Alcohol Team at Wigan Infirmary.
The Brick Project.
Gastroenterology Ward at Wigan Infirmary.
Limited parking available at 12/14 Brown Street North Leigh
Dress code, Uniform and ID badge