Wigan and Leigh Drug and Alcohol Recovery Partnership. - GMWP 69
|Placement Title||Wigan and Leigh Drug and Alcohol Recovery Partnership. - GMWP 69|
|Your Placement Contact||Sara Hatfield - 01942- 827979 - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Coups Business Centre, Dorining Street, Wigan, WN1 1HR|
|Placement Phone||01942- 827979|
|Your University Contact:||Joanne Keeling - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Single Point of Contact Assessment
- Medical reviews including Consultants, Staff Grade Medics and Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Community Prescribing
- Full and Comprehensive Health Assessment
- Blood Borne virus screening and immunisations
- Care coordinator assessment care planning evaluation and review processes
- Enhanced care team
- Shared Care Team
- Criminal Justice Interventions Team
- Social Work Team
- Recovery and Inclusion Team including Outreach service
- Centre based Alcohol and Drug Detoxification
- Referral to external bodies
- Needle Exchange facility
- Alternative Therapies
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Students work with mentor/assessor for a minimum of 2 days a week.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Late night Thursday, open until 7pm
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Single point of contact assessments.
Medical reviews including Consultants, Staff Grad Medics and Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
Blood Borne virus screening and immunisations.
Centre based Alcohol and Drug Detoxification.
Referral to external bodies.
Active Case Management Team.
Dual Diagnosis Nurse.
Gastroenterology Ward at Wigan Infirmary.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
- Recovery Model.
- Harm Reduction Framework
- Team Nursing
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Overdose prevention
- Safer Injecting techniques
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Harm Minimisation
- Assessment and care planning
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Access to Trust Intranet.
Multidisciplinary Team Meetings.
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Chapman Barker Unit.
Hep C Specialist Nurse.
Alcohol Team at Wigan Infirmary.
The Brick Project.
Gastroenterology Ward at Wigan Infirmary
Dress code. Uniform and ID badge