CMHT Functional South - GMWP 3
|Placement Title||CMHT Functional South - GMWP 3|
|Your Placement Contact||Kate Hulme - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Bentley House, Viking Works, Weston Street, Bolton, BL3 2RX|
|Placement Phone||01204 483000|
|Your University Contact:||Neil Murphy - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Full induction to placement, specialisation and community working.
- Allocation of mentor and assessor
- Close supervision in practice
- Opportunities for spoke placements in wide area of practice.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Regular attendance at Practice Education Leads level and updates for mentors.
Flexible working with multi disciplines in placement.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
9am - 5pm
12.00 - 20.00
Weekends - 2 shifts:-
09.00 - 17.00
11.00 - 19.00
Opportunities to work with Mentor across range of shifts.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Working collaboratively with service users in their chosen settings.
Availability of opportunities for creative application of interests and activities, full team support with daily handovers joint working clinical discussion and full multidisciplinary intervention.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
The Recovery Star Tool (as recommended by the Department of Health New Horizons Programme, 2009).
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Interpersonal skills
- Assessment skills (health, ADL, social and risk)
- Care planning formulation engagement techniques and approaches.
- Development of therapeutic alliance and collaborative working
- Infection Prevention clinical skills (ANTT)
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Internet Office packages
- Governmental guidelines
- Multidisciplinary staff
- Dedicated students area
- CD and Video packs
- Journals and Guidelines and documents available
What resources are available to help students learning?
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Local CMHT
- Local Forensic Services
- In-patient facilities (acute and rehab) HDU
- Social services - residential care/community care/independent residential care
- Criminal Justice Team
- Depot Clinics
Please contact the Practice Education Lead to organise a pre visit to sign the necessary forms for the IT Department to enable you to be able to access the systems on your first day of placement - Your induction will also be held at this time.
This placement is more suited to students seeking to build on existing skills and approaching competence.
Towards end of placement there is an expectation to manage a small caseload (under supervision)
PEF:- Liz Tudor - Elizabeth.Tudor@gmw.nhs.uk