CMHT Functional North - GMWP 12
|Placement Title||CMHT Functional North - GMWP 12|
|Your Placement Contact||Suzanne Ogle, Joanne Murphy - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Adult Team, Bentley House, Viking Works, Weston Street, Bolton, BL3 2RX|
|Placement Phone||01204 483000|
|Your University Contact:||Neil Murphy - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Induction, general to environment, written
- Meet with identified Mentor to set Action Plans
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Working with Mentor on regular shadowing of Staff of the MDT and Mentor
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Opportunities to do out of hours shifts - evening and weekends
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Work with adults who have secondary mental health needs in community-based settings and their own homes
- Community based assessments
- Primary Care Liaison
- Secondary Care Caseload work - short term interventions Social Care Aspects - shadow Social Workers in the team
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Integrated Health and Social Care approach to assessment and treatment
Care Planning using CPA.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Assessment Care Planning
- MDT Working
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Collaborative Working
- Multi-disciplinary working
- Self development
- Risk Assessment in community setting
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Information packs
- Skills of staff in team
- Available literature, reading materials in various locations
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Practice Development - regular CPA audits Utilise Evidence based Practice
- Clinical supervision
- Community Based Resources
- Volunteer Agencies
- A & E Liaison
- Out of Hours
- Crisis Resolution