Six Degrees Social Enterprise CIC - GMWP 103
|Placement Title||Six Degrees Social Enterprise CIC - GMWP 103|
|Your Placement Contact||Kelly Hylton - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||Operational Manager|
|Placement Address||Southwood House, Greenwood Business Centre, Regent Road, Salford, M5 4QH|
|Placement Phone||0161 212 4981|
|Your University Contact:||Emma Walker - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Shadowing qualified Psychological Well Being Practitioners delivering CBT based bried interventions as Step 2 level of the Stepped Care System.
- Supervised delivery of CBT based brief interventions in the primary care setting.
- Weekly in service training sessions on a variety of clinical areas.
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Each student has a mentor/assessor and an associate mentor.There are weekly Group Clinical Skills Supervision sessions and Case Management Supervision sessions available to attend.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
Day shifts only.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Primary Care - most patients are seen within the GP Practice. Some Group Session work is available.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Assessment and risk assessments
- Risk Management
- Engagement Skills
- Case Management
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Working with patients with Long Term Conditions
- Working with hard to reach groups
- Collaborative Care
What resources are available to help students learning?
- 1:1 Sessions with mentor/assessor to deliver educational sessions as required
- Weekly group training sessions
- External trainers delivering training
- Educational literature available at both bases
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Six Degrees works in conjunction with the University on a number of different studies.
There are a number of external spoke placements that are accessible to students during this placement that the student can arrange independently; The Community Drug and Alcohol Team, Arts on Prescription, The Women's Centre, The Social Inclusion Team.
PEF:- Liz Tudor - Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org