Ward 84 - In-Patients - CMMCP 16
|Placement Title||Ward 84 - In-Patients - CMMCP 16|
|Your Placement Contact||Helen Jackson, Natalie Porter, Amelia Cowburn, Claire Mulhall - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9WL|
|Placement Phone||0161 701 8400|
|Your University Contact:||Natalie Hill 0191 295 5288 - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Student Induction Pack
- Student work book
- Student evaluation
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
- Students are allocated to at least one mentor / associate mentor while on placement
- Mentors are kept on the Trust Live register
- Students are allocated to work with their mentors at least 40% of the clinical placement time
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
15.30pm - 9.00pm
20.00pm- 8 am
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Admission and Discharge
- MDT involvement
- Basic and complex nursing skills
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper Logan Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Fluid Balance
- Nursing observations
- Time management
- Ward round involvement
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Principles of Blood administration
- IV Therapy
- Chemo administration
- HDU care
- Infection control / care planning
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Student notice board
- Student work books
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Student teaching sessions
- Outpatients Ward 84
- MacMillan Team/ Palliative care
- Haemophilia specialist nursing team
Practice Educational Facilitator - Kirsty.Walsh@cmft.nhs.uk 0161 901 1854