Ward 77 - CMMCP 11
|Placement Title||Ward 77 - CMMCP 11|
|Your Placement Contact||Jayne Duffy, Emma Cooper, - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Ward 77, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9WL|
|Placement Phone||0161 701-7700|
|Your University Contact:||Louise Bowden - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Students will be allocated 2 mentors for the duration of their placement. This is normally a Mentor and an Associate Mentor.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
07:30 - 15:30
13:00 - 21:00
20:30 - 08:00
We also have a large number of staff working long days. If your mentors are working long days then it would be possible for you to work alongside them in this capacity.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Ward 77 is a surgical ward. Exposure to Tracheostomy care, gastrostomy care, renal transplants, wound care, care planning, peritoneal and haemodialysis, Releasing time to Care programme, audits.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Modified Activities of Daily living
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Nursing observations
- Medication calculations
- Wound care and dressings
- Nutritional care
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Tracheostomy care - suctioning, changing
- Catheter care - indwelling and intermittent
- Bowel washouts
- Gastrostomy Care
- Ng Feeding
What resources are available to help students learning?
- We are currently updating our student orientation pack to include all specialities
- We have a seminar room with learning aids available to all students
- Access to internet
- Access to Trust library facilities
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Pain Audit for Post Op Cleft patients
- Transition for adolescents into adult services
- Releasing Time to Care programme
- Cleft specialist Nurses
- Renal specialist Nurse
- Urology specialist Nurses
- Renal Transplant specialist nurse
- Haemodialysis unit
- Burns & after care clinic
- Play specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Clinical Co-ordinators
Practice Educational Facilitator - Kirsty.Walsh@cmft.nhs.uk 0161 901 1854