South Ward - PCBP 14
|Placement Title||South Ward - PCBP 14|
|Your Placement Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Fairfield General Hospital, Irwell Unit, Rochdale Old Road, Bury, BL9 7TD|
|Placement Phone||0161 716 1069|
|Your University Contact:||Gill Rayner - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Orientation to Ward/Unit
- Allocation of Mentor/Assessor
- Information booklet
- Introduction to team and patients
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
All qualified staff are Mentors/Associate Mentors and attend regular update sessions.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
07:15 - 14:45
13:45 - 21:15
21:00 - 07:30
Other shifts may be possible in order to achieve specific learning outcomes. Mentors are happy to discuss this if required and appropriate.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Ward 28 cares for women between the ages of 16 and 65 experiencing acute illness/distress. Typically during a placement a student nurse can expect to encounter patients experiencing a wide spectrum of particular illnesses and associated needs/issues.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
An adaptation of Neuman's Model.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Comprehensive assessment, care planning and review
- Initiating, maintaining and concluding therapeutic relationships
- Administration of medications
- Physical observations and investigations
- Risk assessment and management
- Admission and Discharge procedures
- MDT working Care of patients under Mental Health Act 1983
- Managing Violence and Aggression
- Sample collection (Urine, faeces, sputum, blood)
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Therapeutic and diversional group organisation
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Access to internet
- Small library of books, journals, video's etc
- Library on site
- Teaching sessions
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
Spoke placements to a variety of placements can be arranged on individual needs. Please discuss with your Mentor.
Fax number - 0161 778 2054.