Bury Childrens Community Nursing Team - BUPCTP 20
|Placement Title||Bury Childrens Community Nursing Team - BUPCTP 20|
|Your Placement Contact||Sarah Hilton, Sue Cosgrove, - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||
Sonia Petch - Active Case Manager -- Childrens Community Team Sue Cosgrove -- Childrens Community Sister
|Placement Address||Radcliffe Primary Care Centre, 3rd Floor, 69 Church Street Wes, Radcliffe, M26 2SP|
|Placement Phone||0161724 2137|
|Your University Contact:||Edwina Thacker - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Students receive letter prior to placement
- Welcome pack on first day of placement
- Meet mentor within first two days
- Induction to placement
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Yearly update Clinical supervision
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
08:00 - 16:00
10:00 - 20:00
Students on placement have the option of doing hours over four days Early 08:00 - 18:00 Lates 10:00 - 20:00 We do work 08:00 - 18:00 over the weekends and bank holidays.
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Complex Needs
- Palliative Care
- I.V Therapy
- Acute/Chronic Care
- Ward discharges/prevention of admission
- Education (schools, nurseries, families)
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Loosely based on R.L.T.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Care planning - implementation and evaluation
- Multi-disciplinary meetings/liaison
- Wound care
- Promoting education
- Family support
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care
- Special Schools
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Policies and teaching packs (associated)
- Programme of formal teaching
- Access to internet
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Currently developing a portfolio of learning opportunities for students - continuing with this
- Patient satisfaction surveys
- Walk In Centres
- Special Schools
- Health Visitors
- School Nurses
- Special Healt
- Visitor of Complex Needs
- Patients Dietician
- Occupational Therapy Library (Local research)
This placement is not suitable for first year students