Ward C2 - RBHP 26
|Placement Title||Ward C2 - RBHP 26|
|Your Placement Contact||Anne Brigdale (Ward Manager and Practice Placement Facilitator). - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role|
|Placement Address||Royal Bolton Hospital. Minerva Rd, Bolton, BL4 0JR|
|Placement Phone||01204 390389|
|Your University Contact:||Anna Gorman - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
Please download the Student Welcome Pack prior to commencing placement
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Mentors are allocated prior to the students' arrival - students will be informed by letter prior to commencing placement.
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
7.30am - 3.30pm
12.00 - 20.00
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
Caring for patients with multiple medical conditions, social needs and clinically advanced illnesses who need support, input and co-ordination of services which consider all the patients circumstances.
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan and Tierney Model of Nursing.
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Fluid balance recording and monitoring
- Male/female urinary catheterisation
- Blood glucose monitoring and recording
- IV drugs
- Drug administration
- IV fluids
- O2 therapy
- Specimen Collecting.
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Care of Heamatology patients
- Chemotherapy administration
- Infection Control - Management of Outbreaks
- Pre Operative preparation/Post Operative Care
- Care of Dementia patients
- Clinical Risk Assessments - Trust Wide
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Teaching packs
- Learning packs and journals are available, and there is a resource area situated in Sisters office.
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Preceptership programme. Mentorship programme
- Patient Group Direction for MRSA High Impact Intervention
- Continuing Health Care Screening
- Guidelines for Care of Head Injury Heamatology Services Development.
Practice Educator Facilitor - Kisma.email@example.com- Royal Bolton Hospital.