Social Work @ Salford Mission Statement
We are committed to a social work education that enables students and practitioners to strive for social justice in accordance with the University’s mission to transform individuals and communities through excellence in teaching, research, innovation and engagement.
Our goals are:
- To prepare confident, and research informed autonomous social work professionals who and act in accordance with the profession’s code of ethics
- To promote a critical approach to practice that values the strengths of individuals, families and communities to realise their full potential for self-reliance, resilience and inclusion
- To prepare social workers who understand and respect diversity, at local, regional, national and international level and who incorporate these dimensions into their practice
- To prepare social workers through co-operative partnerships with communities engagement with citizens, other professions and organisations to challenge economic and social injustice
- To contribute to the development of social work knowledge through the production and promotion of research by staff and students that makes a contribution to the alleviation of social problems for the people of Salford, Greater Manchester, nationally and globally.