The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work has a global focus, attracting international students and collaborating with health and social care organisations across the world.
We are constantly looking to develop our relationships with colleagues and institutions globally and our reputation for credible and wide-ranging research is growing quickly with many staff presenting and publishing internationally.
“Partnerships with national and regional health services, local government and voluntary sector organisations help me to undertake research across the field of life problems for children, young people and families, exerting positive impact on their health and well-being. This work is extended through key international partnerships, including former research students.”
Professor Tony Long, Child and Family Health.
- Developing eLearning resources to support nursing training in Tanzania
- PMI2 Connect British Council project to analyse global nurse employability
- HUROPEL intensive programme network to examine End of Life issues and nursing care management and delivery
- EMPNURS project to develop nurse mentorship in European countries
- Consultancy roles for International Council of Nurses
As an example, within our postgraduate portfolio alone, of twelve programmes offered within the school there are four postgraduate programmes for international students:
- MSc Nursing: International pathway - includes opportunity for a learning placement in one of the leading teaching hospitals and community health services that we have collaborative partnerships with
- MSc International Hospital and Health Service Leadership and Management - includes opportunity for a learning experience within one of the leading teaching hospitals which we have collaborative partnerships with
- MSc Leadership and Management in Health Care Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Health (commencing Feb 2013) – we are pleased to offer this innovative programme which combines specific English language skills for study and practice in the health care context, in combination with health modules which give an introduction to health issues and concepts. Successful completion of the programme enables progression to the MSc programmes (above) within the School.
We are currently considering a number of other undergraduate and postgraduate opportunities for within our international portfolio including:
- Palliative Nursing
- Cardiac Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Nursing for Older People
- Nurse Mentorship
- Social Work
- Social Policy
- Doctoral study; flexible split site doctoral programmes, virtual doctoral schools