What's happening with the Library Development Project this week...
Week beginning Monday 28th November:
- The Library extension on the 2nd floor is open.
- The 1st floor development work is progressing according to plan. We hope to re-open the floor early in the New Year.
- We’ve moved all the books between floors and all stock is now available. Ask a member of library staff if you can’t find what you need.
- Lots of new study space has opened up on the ground floor. Follow the signs on the ground floor.
- Don't forget that there are additional study spaces at Chapman, Lady Hale and New Adelphi.
Your reading lists are available:
- Via the link in your Blackboard module – this will take you directly to the list for the module you are studying.
- By searching readinglists.salford.ac.uk - you can view all lists for all modules.
Reading lists at Salford allows you to:
- Directly access electronic items from your reading list.
- See real time library availability of print books.
- Access online previews of many popular textbooks from Google Books.
- Create a profile to save notes and set your reading intentions.
We have created these on-line learning materials to help you get started with the system – if you have any queries please contact your Academic Support Librarian .
How to create your profile
Reading list guide - create your profile
View your list and use the reading list tools
Reading list guide - view your reading list and use the reading list tools
It is essential that you engage with the reading lists system as it is linked to the Library purchasing process. When you make changes to a list we review it, look at the student numbers on the module and purchase the necessary number of copies – so if a book isn’t on the list it’s not in the library!
To update your list follow these steps:
- Create a profile.
- Install the bookmark tool in your preferred web browser.
- Add items to the list – remember to set the importance level to core for all your core items so that we purchase the right number of copies.
- Notify the library about any items you want to be digitised by using the notes section in the Create & add to list form.
- Publish the list so the students can see the changes you have made.
Full details are given our Reading Lists guide [pdf].
Further information is available in these videos and guides