What's happening with the Library Development Project this week...
Week beginning Monday 28th November:
- The Library extension on the 2nd floor is open.
- The 1st floor development work is progressing according to plan. We hope to re-open the floor early in the New Year.
- We’ve moved all the books between floors and all stock is now available. Ask a member of library staff if you can’t find what you need.
- Lots of new study space has opened up on the ground floor. Follow the signs on the ground floor.
- Don't forget that there are additional study spaces at Chapman, Lady Hale and New Adelphi.
Document delivery is a free service for current staff and students to request books and journal articles not held in Library stock, but which individuals may require to enhance their research or course of study.
The request allowance for specific user groups is detailed in the table below.
|User group ||Request allowance per academic year
|Staff ||Unlimited requests
|Postgraduate – Research ||Unlimited requests|
|Postgraduate – Taught ||15 requests per academic year|
|Undergraduate – Final year ||15 requests in final year|
|Undergraduate ||5 requests per academic year|
You must complete and submit a Request form for each item you wish to order
- The service is free for standard items that we can source from The British Library (BL) or other institutions within the United Kingdom.
- For material that is expensive to acquire and services such as BL’s World Wide Search that is expensive to use, you may be asked to contribute to the cost of obtaining the item. If this is the case you will be contacted and asked if you wish to continue with the request.
- You may be able to find alternative material within our existing stock which has the information you need so it is always advisable to check our other resources first. SOLAR is available online 24 hours a day.
More about this topic