What's happening with the Library Development Project this week...
Week beginning Monday 24th October:
- The newly re-furbished 2nd floor is now open. Come and take a look at the first part of our £6.2 million investment.
- The PC suite on the 1st floor is open, but the remainder of the floor is now closed as the work to re-furbish it has begun.
- Books are being moved from the 1st floor to the Ground floor. Please ask at the desk if you can't find what you need.
- Additional study spaces and Library support are available at Chapman, Lady Hale and New Adelphi until 10pm.
- The IT help desk is now in Clifford Whitworth first floor PC suite.
- We've created a new video about alternative study spaces:
- For further information about the project read the LDP FAQs
Document delivery is a free service for current staff and students to request books and journal articles not held in Library stock, but which individuals may require to enhance their research or course of study.
The request allowance for specific user groups is detailed in the table below.
|User group ||Request allowance per academic year
|Staff ||Unlimited requests
|Postgraduate – Research ||Unlimited requests|
|Postgraduate – Taught ||15 requests per academic year|
|Undergraduate – Final year ||15 requests in final year|
|Undergraduate ||5 requests per academic year|
You must complete and submit a Request form for each item you wish to order
- The service is free for standard items that we can source from The British Library (BL) or other institutions within the United Kingdom.
- For material that is expensive to acquire and services such as BL’s World Wide Search that is expensive to use, you may be asked to contribute to the cost of obtaining the item. If this is the case you will be contacted and asked if you wish to continue with the request.
- You may be able to find alternative material within our existing stock which has the information you need so it is always advisable to check our other resources first. SOLAR is available online 24 hours a day.
More about this topic