All library sites have laptops available for loan to students within the library.
How can I borrow one?
Laptops are self service. Scan your ID card and take the laptop from the locker number shown on the screen. Laptops should be returned to the cabinets half an hour before the library closes. Please ask at the library Enquiry Desk if you need any help.
About the service
See our User Guide to find out more or use the feedback form to tell us what you think.
- Laptop Loans User Guide [pdf]
Laptop loan rules
- You must have a valid Salford University Student ID card, without any outstanding library debts.
- The laptop is for use only in the library. Do not take it out of the library, even in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- The Library cannot be held responsible for damage to files or data loss incurred whilst using the laptop.
- Save any work to a pen drive, re-writable DVD or CD. Any work or material saved to the laptop will be lost when it is turned off or runs out of battery power.
- You are responsible for the laptop during the loan period. Do not leave it unattended or loan it to anyone else.
- Fees will be charged for stolen, lost, damaged or late returned laptops.
|Fine for late return||£5|
|Loss of power cable||£20|
|Laptop requires repair||£50|
|Laptop is returned in an un-repairable condition (as specified by third party supplier)||£650|
|Laptop is not returned after 24 hours||£650|
You must comply with the ICT Acceptable Use Policy which specifies acceptable and prohibited ICT activity. All ICT usage is automatically logged and may be monitored (in accordance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000). Sanctions will be applied for a breach of the policy.