Worsley New Hall

This was a joint venture between the University of Salford and Peel Holdings Ltd to research and promote historical sources relating to Worsley New Hall, built in the 1840s as the Lancashire seat for the Earls of Ellesmere. The project took place between March and December 2012 and ran alongside an archaeological excavation of the site. These pages provide information about the historical sources uncovered during the project.

  • Memories

    Listen to extracts from our oral history recordings

    Find out more

  • The Ellesmere Polka

    Composed by Heinrich Blumer for Queen Victoria's visit in 1851

    Listen here