Network username and password required Off-Campus
A searchable collection of electronic books covering a wide range of subjects.
There is some basic help available from MyiLibrary.
In general to read e-Books, you will need:
- to have access to the internet to access e-Books, although you can also download some e-Books for offline reading
- an up-to-date internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
- an up-to-date version of Adobe Reader, as most e-Books use pdf files (this is the format in which the book is displayed). If you do not have this (Macs and Windows 8 do not have this pre-installed at purchase), you can download it for free
- to set Adobe Reader to be your default PDF viewer if it is not already
- For Firefox, there are instructions here
- For Chrome, there are instructions here
- For Internet Explorer, there are instructions here
Unfortunately if you use Windows RT / Microsoft Surface 1 or 2, Adobe Reader cannot be installed and online reading of e-Books from MyiLibrary will not work properly. However, you may be able to download e-Books to read in the DL Reader app
, available from the Windows Store
Some MyiLibrary titles can be downloaded in full for use offline - look for the heading Add to bookshelf for download.
- On a PC or laptop, this requires the installation of Adobe Digital Editions
- On an Android or iOS device a compatible reader, such as the Bluefire Reader app available from the App Store or Google Play, is required.
- On a Windows RT / Microsoft Surface, install the DL Reader app, available from the Windows Store
- To use any of these services you will need to create an Adobe ID and enter it when instructed.
Accounting; Acoustics; Advertising; Aeronautical Engineering; Animation; Architecture and Architectural Design & Technology; Art; Banking; Biosciences; Broadcasting; Building Surveying; Business; Civil Engineering; Computer and Video Games; Computer Science; Construction; Contemporary History; Dance; Data Communications; Dental Implantology; Design; Economics; English; Environmental and Occupational Health/Management; Events Management; Fashion; Film Studies; Finance; Gas and Petroleum Engineering; Geography and Environment; Global Management; Heritage; Hospitality; Housing and Regeneration; HRM; Information Systems and Technology; International Business; Islamic Banking; Journalism; Languages; Leisure; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Media; Music; Nursing; Occupational Therapy; Performance; Photography; Physics; Physiotherapy; Podiatry; Project Management; Prosthetics and Orthotics; Psychology; Psycho-oncology; Public Health; Quantity Surveying; Radiography; Real Estate and Property Management; Robotics and Automation; Scriptwriting; Sport; Supply Chain Management; Trauma and Orthopaedics; TV and Radio; Visual Arts; Wildlife and Zoology