The Library Code
The Library Code is built on respect, and reflects key portions of The Library and Learning Spaces Policy.
- You must treat staff and other students with respect and courtesy at all times
- Always carry your ID card and show it to staff on request
- Do not damage any library property or resources
- Do not bring any takeaway food or alcohol into The Library
- Cold food items may only be eaten in our Food Friendly Zones
- Tidy up after yourself and recycle or throw away all your rubbish
- Keep completely silent in our Silent Zones; other students are studying
- If you need to discuss your work use our Collaborative Zones but noise in these zones must not disturb other people using The Library
- Keep your phone in silent mode in The Library and use a Phone Zone for calls
- Be aware that behaviour that you think is acceptable may offend others. The Library is not the place for 'displays of affection'.
- Any item you take from The Library must be correctly issued to your account and returned on time
- Children under the age of 16 must be closely supervised by a responsible adult
- Only use computers and laptops in accordance with the ICT acceptable use policy
- If anything is not working let us know so that it can be fixed as quickly as possible
This Code has been drawn up to make studying in The Library as pleasant and productive for students as possible, and reflects The Library and Learning Spaces Policy.
We know from students’ feedback that poor behaviour in The Library seriously disrupts their studies and while we know that most students behave responsibly and follow the Code we do take these issues seriously.
There are sanctions available to us in the The Library and Learning Spaces Policy which we will use to ensure the Library Code is followed.