If you use your phone or other mobile device to access University resources and your password is stored in the device, then after you have changed your password be sure to update your device with the new password.
If you have forgotten your password…
…you will need to contact the IT Service Desk to have it reset.
If your password has expired…
…you will need to reset it. To reset an expired password, do one of the following. When you change your password, ensure your new one meets the password security criteria :
- If you are on-campus, simply log on to a campus PC. As part of the login process, you will be prompted to set a new password.
- If you are off-campus, you will need to contact the IT Service Desk .
If you need to change your password for any other reason…
…do one of the following. Note, when you change your password, ensure your new one meets the password security criteria :
- If you are on-campus, log in to a University PC. One you are logged in, press ‘CTRL, ALT & DEL’, select the option to change password and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you are off-campus, or you are working on-campus but from a personal device, login to the remote access portal at https://portal.salford.ac.uk . Open ‘OWA Web Outlook’ (i.e., web email); Select the ‘Options’ drop-down list on the top-right of the page; from the list, select ‘Change Your Password’.
- If you have been unsuccessful using the above methods, you will need to contact the IT Service Desk.