International scholarships and bursaries
Do you have an excellent academic record? Then you could qualify for one of our generous international scholarships or bursaries.
Our scholarship programs are worth up to £5,000. Over the past couple of years we have awarded more than £1.5 million in international scholarships to students from across the world.
This international scholarship is worth up to £5,000 and is assessed according to academic credibility. If students achieve 320 UCAS points or an IB score of 34 they will be guaranteed a £5,000 scholarship.
- 'A level' grades – a minimum of ABB (320 UCAS points) or equivalent
- Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher National Diploma (any subject) – Pass with AAA in graded units, with a minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- University of Salford International Foundation Year – 70% or higher overall
- NCUK International Foundation year (any subject) with an equivalent of 320 UCAS points and a minimum of EAP C
- Edexcel Higher National Diploma (any subject) – Pass with a minimum of eight Distinctions and IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- International Baccalaureate – a minimum of three subjects at higher level with a minimum grade of 34
This international scholarship is worth £4,000 if you take The Salford MBA, MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering or MSc Gas Engineering and Management This scholarship is worth £2,000 for less than a 2:1 or £3,000 if you achieved a 2:1 or above when you take any other course.
- NCUK International Diploma (any subject, for a syllabus taught at Sino-British College only) – Pass with Distinction, with minimum EAP B.
- Chevening Partnership 5 Full tuition fee and stipend scholarships available across all programmes and unlimited 20% tuition fee reductions available apply at www.chevening.org
You will be an international student looking to take a full-time Bachelors or Masters degree. Part-time students are also eligible, but in these cases the award will be issued on a pro-rata basis.When considering your application, we will take into account your previous academic performance. If you have a strong academic record, you will stand a good chance of receiving funding. Please note: These scholarships are not available to students from the UK and EU. We offer UK/EU specific scholarships in these cases. Nor are they available if you are a research student.
A limited number of courses are excluded. Here is the full list:
- BA Hons: Art and Design with Foundation Year
- Fdtn: Business Management
- FdA: Hospitality Management
- FdA: Sport and Leisure Management
- FdA: Tourism and Management
- FdA: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- FdA: Leisure and Tourism Management
- BSc Hons: Biology with a Foundation Year
- BA Hons: Environmental Studies with a Foundation Year
- HND: Media Performance
- HND: Media Production
- BA Hons: Music (if at level 0 only)
- HND: Construction and Property
- BSc Hons: Physics with a Foundation Year
- BENG Hons: Civil Engineering with Foundation Year
- MSc: Robotics and Embedded Systems
- BSc/BEng Hons: Aeronautical Engineering with Foundation Year
If you are taking a postgraduate course that is provided by our College of Science and Technology, and achieved a minimum 2.2, or equivalent, at undergraduate level, you will automatically qualify for a bursary of £1,000.
Yes. If you are taking a postgraduate course that is provided by our College of Science and Technology, and achieved a minimum 2.2, or equivalent, at undergraduate level, you will automatically qualify for a bursary of £1,000.
Loyalty Discount Scheme
If you complete a course at Salford, you will automatically receive 25% off your fees if you take another course with us. This discount is awarded in addition to any international scholarships for which you qualify.
Our Loyalty Discount Scheme is a great way to save money if you take an undergraduate course at Salford and decide to move onto a postgraduate programme of study.
Please note that the 25% discount will be deducted after any scholarship or country discount has been applied to your course fees.
You c qualify for a discount of £1,000 on your course fees, If you are from a qualifying country. Download a list of countries that are eligible for the Country Discount Scheme (PDF).
Prompt Payment Discount
If you pay your course fees in full when, or before, you register with us, you will automatically receive a 3% discount on your net tuition fee.
If you are studying via distance learning, any award that you qualify for will be paid on a pro-rata basis.
When we receive your application to study at Salford, we will assess your eligibility for a scholarship based on your academic records.If you qualify for a scholarship, we will let you know in your offer letter.
If you pay 100% of your course fees up-front, you will receive your scholarship at the start of your first semester. Otherwise, you will receive it at the start of your second semester.
Chevening Scholarships at the University of Salford
The University of Salford is a popular destination for Chevening Scholars and we are very pleased to support this scholarship programme.
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential. Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
- More than 1,500 scholarships are available for the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships opened on 3 August 2015. The application closing date is now closed.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
If you have an excellent academic record and come from Brazil or Indonesia, you could receive funding for your studies at Salford from one of our two sponsorship partners:
Science Without Borders - Brazil
This sponsorship scheme is run in partnership with the Brazilian government. The aim is to provide 101,000 Brazilian students with sponsorship to study abroad at respected Universities.
Find out more about Science Without Borders.
DIKTI Scholarship scheme - Indonesia
If you are a lecturer at an Indonesian university, or an administrative staff member at a DIKTI or Indonesian state university, this scheme will contribute towards the fees for a postgraduate course at Salford.
Find out more about the DIKTI Scholarship scheme.