Research training and support
We offer an extensive range of training activities to equip researchers both for their university studies, and for their future careers whether in academia, the public sector, or in industry and the private sector. The research training you receive will be tailored to your particular needs, which your supervisory team will discuss with you as soon as possible after you arrive.
Generic research training is provided via the Research and Graduate College in the Salford Postgraduate Research Training (SPoRT) programme, and discipline-specific research training is provided by the School's Research Centres and covers:
- Contemporary History
- English Literature and Language
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Translation and Interpreting
Please contact us for more information about these specific research training programmes.
Additional research support
Postgraduate researchers can also take advantage of the following:
- The Library offer training sessions on ICT and information literacy.
- Student Life run a programme of study skills workshops and offer one-to-one support for students.
- The University-wide Language Programme provides an opportunity for Postgraduate Research students to gain language skills alongside their main area of research.
- Careers and Employability offer a full service which includes offering careers interviews, help with CVs, application and job interviews, careers information, and advertising job vacancies.