Academic works with French Alliance
Professor Myriam Salama-Carr has been appointed to join a group of experts undertaking a study of the courses offered in translation and interpreting in the University Alliance of Sorbonne Paris Cité.
This new higher education and research alliance will be looking at translating and interpreting courses at masters and doctoral level, and brings together four Paris universities and four higher education and research institutes.
- Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3
- Paris Descartes – Paris 5
- Paris Diderot – Paris 7
- Paris 13;
- the Paris Earth Science Institute (IPGP)
- the National Institute for the study of Oriental Languages and Civilisations (INALCO)
- the Paris Institute of Political Science (Sciences Po Paris), and
- the School of Public Health (EHESP).
These institutions are joining forces with a view to creating a new unified university by 2016 covering all of the major scientific and academic disciplines and joining the top fifty best universities in world rankings.
In February 2012, the Sorbonne Paris Cité project was awarded the prestigious Excellence Initiative label by an international jury.