Dr Leslie Robinson
Qualified as Diagnostic Radiographer in 1983. Worked as clinical practitioner in Leeds, Bradford, Birmingham, Saudi Arabia and Manchester, eventually specialising in Computerised Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Set up the MRI service at Salford Royal Hospitals in 1993.
Became full time lecturer at the University in 1999 following a period of time as honorary lecturer in MRI and CT at the Universities of Salford and Lancaster.
- Programme Leader MSc Advanced Medical Imaging
- Research, advanced practice and critical appraisal skills
- Supervisor for postgraduate research students
- Module leader Screening and Diagnosis
- Use of Social Media for professional practice
My research interests fall into two broad categories i) teaching and learning and ii) patient experience of diagnostic imaging and :
My teaching and learning interests are related to collaborative and group learning.
Doctorate of Education thesis: “The Influence of cultural Diversity on student learning interactions: a qualitative study of rapport management in an undergraduate Problem Based Learning group”
ii) My developing expertise in qualitative research methodologies is being utilised within the Diagnostic Imaging Research Programme themes to investigate the patient experience of imaging.
I am currently leading the WOMMeN (Word of Mouth Mammogram e Network) project to explore the value of social networks for connecting practitioners with clients of the NHS breast screening programme www.wommen.org.uk
Qualifications and Memberships
- Doctorate of Education (EdD) (University of Huddersfield)
- Post graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Open University)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Lancaster University)
- Post graduate Certificate in Computerised Tomography (Bradford School of Radiography)
- Managing Health Services certificate (Open University)
- Diploma of the College of Radiographers (Diagnostic) (Bradford School of Radiography)
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Society of Radiographers
- European Society of Radiology
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
External Professional Roles
- Member of the College of Radiographers’ Radiographic Informatics Group
- Steering group memebr Greater Manchester AHP Research Network
- External examiner University College Dublin
- External Examiner Glasgow Caledonian University
- Assessor College of Radiographers
- Reviewer Radiography journal