International Students

The University has an excellent reputation for giving support and guidance to international students. Even before you get here, there's help at hand:

  • The University employs a number of experienced consultants around the world who can offer advice and counselling
  • We award over £250,000 in scholarships to international students each year
  • The University runs afoundation yearfor students who don't have enough qualifications to get on a British degree course or who just want to practice their English

Undergraduate courses

If you choose to study certain healthcare courses and you are a UK or EU student your tuition fees will be paid for you. You will not need to take out a tuition fee loan and you may also qualify for a means-tested NHS bursary. The NHS will pay the full tuition fee for the following

We also have a number of courses open to international (non-EU) students who are self-funding - look out for the airplane icon whenfinding a course.

For more about being a student at Salford, visit ourInternationalsite.

Postgraduate courses

We have some excellent opportunities available for International students to study on our postgraduate courses. Look for the airplane icon whenfinding a course.

International exchange projects

We take an active part in the university international exchange schemes including Erasmus and Socrates. Find out about exchange visits at ourInternationalsite.

EU and International Applicants

All places on the following programmes are subject to receipt of a satisfactory health clearance and police clearance before commencement.

Health Clearance

Once you have accepted our offer of a place, we will send you the appropriate forms to complete. We will ask you to contact us when you arrive in this country, to organise an appointment with our University Occupational Health Department to complete this process.

Criminal Record History

To enable us to verify whether there is any criminal record history, you will need to provide us with an original Certificate of Good Conduct from your country (not a photocopy). We will then ask your Embassy to authenticate the certificate. You can begin this process as soon as you have made up your mind to come and study with us.