Thinking differently about dementia
Explore the benefits of thinking differently about dementia through the use of dementia-friendly design, learning with dementia and a community-based approach.
- Hear from internationally renowned speaker John Zeisel, President and Co-founder of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care (USA)
- Learn how the environment can impact on the well-being of people living with dementia
- Explore ‘Learning for Life’ an evidence-based approach to meaningful learning for people living with dementia
- Enhance your knowledge about how communities can support people living with dementia
- Interactive with delegates from across a wide range of professions.
Dr John Zeisel:
John Zeisel is recognised internationally for his research into the effect of the environment on the wellbeing of people with dementia. John Zeisel has taught at Harvard and Yale Universities and his work has been covered in The New York Times, on CNN and the BBC. He is the author of the bestselling book I’m Still Here.
1.00pm: Registration and coffee
1.30pm: Thinking differently about dementia: the principles behind dementia design, Learning for Life and the It Takes a Village approach to living with dementia (John Zeisel)
2.30 pm: Workshop on collaborative use of the principles of dementia design, learning with dementia and community based approaches to living with dementia
3.45pm: The benefits of thinking differently about dementia (John Zeisel)
For enquiries please contact Natalie Yates-Bolton on 0161 295 6486, or email email@example.com.
The cost is £30. BOOK NOW