Ward F1 - PAOP 20
|Placement Title||Ward F1|
|Your Placement Contact||Sophie Mansfield-Holbrook, Andrea Creane - Send Email|
|Placement Contact's Role||PEL|
|Placement Phone||0161 627 8857 - Royal Oldham Hospital, Rochdale Rd, Oldham, OL1 2JH|
|Your University Contact:||Elizabeth Charnock - Send Email|
About this placement
What is organised for students on commencement of placement?
- Welcome pack
- General orientation to ward
What are the arrangements for mentors/assessors?
Students meet with mentors as soon as possible
What shift patterns are students allocated for learning?
07:30am - 15:30pm - One 30 minute break
12:30pm - 20:30pm - One 30 minute break
20:00pm - 08:00am - Two 45 minute breaks
Long day: 07.30am - 20.30pm - Two 30 minute breaks
What patient care situations are available in this placement?
- Pre-and post operative care of the gynaecological patients.
- Intra-operative care of gynaecological patient
- Investigations of gynaecological problems
- Early pregnancy unit
- Oncological gynaecology
- Gynaecological out-patients
What nursing model is used for planning care?
Roper, Logan, Tierney
What core clinical skills can be learnt?
- Blood pressure
- Pulse oximetry
- Wound Care
- Pre-and post-operative care
- Blood Transfusions and fluid balance
- Pain Management
- Care Planning
- Record Keeping and Documentation
What additional clinical skills can be learnt?
- Investigations and observations and treatments specific to gynaecology
- Ultrasound scanning
What resources are available to help students learning?
- Learning packages
- Specialist Nurses
- Ward based Teaching
What research and practice development activities are being undertaken?
- Clinical trials
- Project work
- Operating Theatre Department
- Sexual health centre
- Gynaecology Out-Patients
- Colposcopy Clinic
- Family Planning Clinic
- MacMillan Nurses