Why get involved?
- Taking part is free and fun
- It’s really sociable and a great way to get to know colleagues better, developing teamwork within your area
- Opportunity to showcase your department across campus
- Professional development for staff Green Impact team leads
- Help reduce the negative impacts the University has on the environment, and increase the positives
- The opportunity to save carbon, natural resources and money (at work or at home!)
- Recognition for environmental actions you already complete
- It gives you a framework for encouraging your colleagues to think about sustainability
- To be part of a nationwide UNESCO award winning scheme
- Providing student opportunities; students volunteering as Green Impact Auditors are able to develop important employability skills and gain work experience
- Green Impact makes the University more integrated and encourages departments to get out of their silos and share ideas and knowledge
You will be supported by Neva, our Environmental Management Coordinator, who you can contact if you have any questions or issues. There are a range of useful resources, detailed on the toolkit.
How to get involved
- Start up a Green Impact Team in your department, floor or building, or join an existing Green Impact team
- All team members sign in/register by visiting www.greenimpact.org.uk/Salford
- Start completing actions in the toolkit and upload your evidence
- If you wish you can complete a project/s
- Keep in touch!
If you want to get involved or just want some more information, please contact:
Neva Mowl firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 295 4233