Why get involved?
- Taking part is free and fun.
- It’s really sociable and a great way to get to know colleagues better, developing teamwork within your area
- Opportunity to showcase your department across campus
- Professional development for staff Green Impact team leads
- Help reduce the negative impacts the University has on the environment, and increase the positives.
- The opportunity to save carbon, natural resources and money (at work or at home!)
- Recognition for environmental actions you already complete
- It gives you a framework for encouraging your colleagues to think about sustainability
- To be part of a nationwide UNESCO award winning scheme that strengthens relations between students and staff
- Providing student opportunities; students volunteering as Green Impact Project Assistants and Auditors are able to develop important employability skills and gain work experience
- Green Impact makes the University more integrated and encourages departments to get out of their silos and share ideas and knowledge
Your team can be assigned a student Green Impact Project Assistant (GIPA), who will receive training on the project and provide you with additional capacity for you to get the most from the programme. Whilst they support you they will gain valuable employability skills and learn about environmental issues at the University.
You will be supported by Neva, our Green Impacts Projects Manager, who you can contact if you have any questions or issues. Neva will communicate with you regularly, provide you with useful resources, run drop-in sessions, meet with your teams and visit your departments. You can also contact Jen Strong, our Project Officer from the NUS.
How to get involved
- Start up a Green Impact Team in your department, floor or building, or join an existing Green Impact team
- All team members sign in/register by visiting www.greenimpact.org.uk/Salford
- Meet with your GIPA and make a plan (let Neva know if you would like a project assistant)
- Start completing actions in the toolkit and upload your evidence
- Keep in touch!
If you want to get involved or just want some more information, please contact:
Neva Mowl email@example.com, 0161 295 4233