Professor Chuxia Lin
Chair in Environmental Science
- Peel Building G07b
- T: +44 (0)161 295 5356
- E: C.Lin@salford.ac.uk
I obtained a PhD in Environmental Science from The University of New South Wales in 1995 (thesis was submitted for examination in 1994). Before joining University of Salford, I held senior academic positions at University of Southern Queensland and South China Agricultural University. Earlier academic appointments were with Southern Cross University, The University of New South Wales and South China Normal University. I also worked as a professional environmental consultant with a global consulting company (Brisbane Office, Golder Associates) during the period from 2005 to 2009.
I have teaching interests in environmental science, environmental management, environmental impact assessment, environmental remediation, soil science and environmental geochemistry.
I have a broad range of research interests in environmental sciences with a particular focus on environmental issues related to acid sulfate weathering in mine areas (acid mine drainage) and coastal lowlands (acid sulfate soils). Other research interests include chemical behaviour of heavy metals and pesticides in water-soil-plant systems, characterization and treatment of industrial wastes, ecotoxicology, soil carbon sequestration, climate change adaptation, and payment for environmental services (PES).
Qualifications and Memberships
PhD, The University of New South Wales
BSc (4 years), South China Normal University
- Ma, Y. and Lin, C. (Corresponding author) (2013). Microbial oxidation of Fe2+ and pyrite exposed to flux of micromolar H2O2 in acidic media. Scientific Reports. 3, Article number: 1979, doi:10.1038/srep0197W.,
- Qin, J., Li, H., Lin, C. (Corresponding author) and Chen, G. (2013). Can rainwater induce Fenton-driven degradation of herbicides in natural waters? Chemosphere, Volume: 92(8): 1048-1052.
- Si, C., Ma, Y. and Lin, C. (Corresponding author) (2013). Red mud as a carbon sink: variability, affecting factors and environmental significance. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 244-245: 54-59.
- Ma, Y. and Lin, C. (Corresponding author) (2012). Arsenate immobilization associated with microbial oxidation of ferrous ion in complex acid sulfate water. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 30(217-218): 238-245.
- Lu, W., Ma, Y. and Lin, C. (Corresponding author) (2011). Status of aluminium in environmental compartments contaminated by acidic mine water. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 189(3): 700-709.
- Li, H., Liu, L., Lin, C. (Corresponding author) and Wang, S. (2011). Plant uptake and in-soil degradation of PCB-5 under varying cropping conditions. Chemosphere. 84(7): 943-949