Salford hosts Question Time for Scientists
BOOK your place now for the scientific debate of the year!
Science Question Time comes to Salford on Thursday, 22 October at 6pm as part of the Manchester Science Festival.
Join a panel of experts at the newly opened University Technical College at Media City to debate the key issues confronting science over the next decade and beyond, from digital to DNA.
There are just 150 places available for evening’s audience; the event is FREE, so book now at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-question-time-utcmediacity-tickets-19025062474
The event is hosted by Salford University, the UTC, the Museum of Science & Industry and the Institute of Ideas ‘Debating Matters’ scheme to promote young people’s involvement in science.
Who is on the panel?
- Professor Judith Smith, Executive Dean of the School of Environment & Life Sciences, University of Salford, Manchester / @ProfJudithSmith
- Günes Taylor is a stem cell researcher at the University of Oxford, currently studying for a PhD in Clinical Laboratory Sciences / @GunesTaylor
- Delphine Ryan, aeronautical engineer, UK Ministry of Defence
- Dr Marieke Navin, physicist and science communicator, Director of the Manchester Science Festival / @lisamarieke
- Jon Corner, CEO of UTC@MediaCityUK and CEO of The Landing MediaCityUK
The event will be chaired by:
Professor Andy Miah, Chair in Science Communication & Future Media, University of Salford, Manchester / @andymiah