PgCert Upper Limb Orthopaedics
- Part-time study available
- Alternative start dates available
- NHS Funding and bursaries available
This course is delivered part-time and offers a flexible approach for you to design learning objectives aligned to both your personal aspirations and professional service needs.
The course will consist of a series of compulsory university based sessions including keynote lectures, master classess, supported by e-learning, directed study and work-based learning.
You will also benefit from:
Tutor support and facilitation
A range of Orthopaedic Consultants, Radiologists, Anaesthetists and other orthopaedic experts will form a tutoring team to advise and guide you in the attainment of specialist skills and competencies in the field of orthopaedics.
Upper Limb Orthopaedic Knowledge and Skills
- 3000 word case study on the assessment, diagnosis and management of a complex orthopaedic patient (related to the upper limb) (60%)
- Final assessment component 20 minute OSCE (40%)
Extending Proficiencies in Orthopaedics
- Student selected patient case presentation (15 minute presentation and 15 minute viva) (30%)
- A portfolio of advanced competency statements and supportive evidence (70%)
The faculty includes the following:
- Upper Limb Surgeons: Professor Lennard Funk, Rowena Umaar, Adam Watts, Muthu Jeyam, Nick Philips, Raj Sandher, Matt Ravenscroft, David Bell, Gillian Eastwood, Mike Woodruff, Mike Hayton, Sumedh Talwalker
- Upper Limb Therapists: Kathleen Tatlow, Rachel Delaney, Wendy Munro, Susan Buttress
- Sports Consultants: David Jones, Mike Stone
- Musculoskeletal Radiologists: Jonathan Harris, Sarah Jackson, Waqar Bhatti