BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- Part-time study available
- Alternative start dates available
- Industrial Placement
- International students can apply
- Work placement opportunity
- Course code : K240, K2K0P part-time
- Duration :
Three years full-time
Four years with work placement
Five years part-time
January start available for entry in to year 2
3 good reasons to study Quantity Surveying at Salford:
- Strong links with industry, business and the wider community
- Accredited by professional institutions including Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
A lot of teachers we've had have actually been in the industry before they've turned to teaching. They're really experienced, they know what they're talking about and they're really friendly as well.Lisa-Anna Malecki BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
Quantity surveyors manage and control financial aspects of the construction process. They also specialise in construction contract law and procurement. They work on behalf of contracting organisations or representatives of the client, aiming to ensure that the project is completed within budget.
This course will educate and train you to the highest standards set by the RICS, developing your knowledge of the economic, legal, technical and management aspects of quantity surveying.
You will learn how use to computing resources to financially manage the development, construction and long-term operation of buildings. As quantity surveyors often act as project managers, you will learn how to select, manage and coordinate the resources needed for the completion of a construction project.