BSc (Hons) Professional Sound and Video Technology
- Industrial Placement
- International students can apply
- Based at MediaCityUK
Our facilities at MediaCityUK:
- Digital Media Performance Lab - a 100 seat performance space with a huge HD projection screen and sound system. Used in your Live Sound Connections module for hand on live sound work.
- Audio Post Production & Audio Suite - Mac-based suites that run a range of audio software, including Pro Tools, Reason. The Post Production suite has a Digidesign Icon D-command desk running Pro Tools 9. You will be in these rooms for modules like Music Technology Systems and Digital Audio Production.
- Post Production Suites - a mix of Mac and PC based suites for animation and video post-production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite. Introduction to Video Production, Intermediate Video, Television Engineering and Animated Graphics are in here.
- TV Studios - full professional specification studios. Studio A has separate vision and audio control rooms. Studio B allows us to do a full 3D virtual studio. Some of our video teaching will migrate into these spaces.
- Radio Studios - two radio studios, including a small studio space. Digital Audio Production is likely to be taught here next year.
- Computer Suites - a range of Mac and PC based computer rooms for general computer work, including, for example, Web Content Creation, Web Technologies and Social Technologies.
At the main campus, we also have a 4 studio recording complex, using Pro Tools in the 3 digital control rooms and with 1 analogue control room. Each control room has its own associated live room.