International Foundation Year
- Alternative start dates available
- International students can apply
- Duration :
One year (the first year of a full-time, minimum four year undergraduate degree course)
3 good reasons to study International Foundation Year at Salford:
- Progression on to over 100 undergraduate degrees at the University of Salford when you pass the IFY at the required standard
- All English language teaching is accredited by the British Council
- You will study with other international students from all round the world
The International Foundation Year (IFY) prepares international students who want to study for an undergraduate degree at university in the United Kingdom.
This course is for you if you have finished high school in your own country but don’t yet have the qualifications to go straight on to a British course. It is also for you if you already have the qualifications you need but want time to practice your English alongside your chosen subjects and get accustomed to life at university in the UK.
This course provides you with tuition in English and study skills as well as subjects relating to your chosen degree course. When you pass the IFY at the required standard you will then be able to progress onto over 100 degree courses at the University of Salford.
The IFY can be joined at two entry points, in January and in September.