BEng (Hons) Audio Acoustics
- Industrial Placement
- International students can apply
- Based at MediaCityUK
- Work placement opportunity
- Course code : H341
- Duration :
Three years full-time
Four years full-time with placement year
3 good reasons to study Audio Acoustics at Salford:
- Enviable employment prospects – audio technology and acoustics graduates at Nokia, Dolby and the BBC
- You are taught by World-class audio and acoustic engineers - researchers and practitioners
- Strong links with sound industry, including work placements all over Europe, Accredited by the Institute of Acoustics.
The Audio Acoustics Degree course offers two pathways specialising in either Acoustic Engineering or Audio Technology.
Audio Technology and Acoustic Engineering
The Audio Acoustics degree course is about the engineering, technology and science involved in production, transmission, manipulation and reception of sound; Acoustics embodies both the physical properties of sound waves, and the psychological reaction of humans. Acoustic Engineering is about the science of sound and the design of acoustic spaces and systems and the control of noise and vibration; Audio Engineering is about the production, transmission, recording, manipulation and reception of audible sound.
Sound is one of the primary means of communication and pervades all areas of our world and you will learn about the design of modern music technology products, recording studios and loudspeakers and acoustic spaces to achieve the best possible audio reproduction.