MA/PgDip Art and Design: Creative Technology
- Part-time study available
- International students can apply
- Based at MediaCityUK
- Work placement opportunity
- Duration :
MA (one year full-time or two years part-time)
PgDip (8 months full-time or 15 months part-time)
3 good reasons to study Art and Design: Creative Technology at Salford:
- International visiting speakers and live brief projects from the cutting-edge of creative technology practice, industry and research
- works with key creative and professional networks with which the School of Art & Design has long established association, creating employment opportunities in the creative media, computer and art and design-related industries
- encourages use of the full range of facilities and resources at MediaCityUK through teaching and project based activities and exhibition opportunities.
The MA Art and Design course offers technical inductions, seminars and lecture programmes in a brand new industry specified environment. Core lectures introduce speakers and practitioners from the cutting edge of creative technology, giving you the opportunity to understand methods and issues related to industry and artistic practice.
You can specialise in a number of areas, including creative thinking, research methods, software and hardware systems, visualisation, multimedia, interactivity, computer games, telematics and social networking.
You will look at what technology does not currently provide and redefine the creative use of technology through personal research and exploration of artistic strategies and creative methodologies, and work towards a final gallery piece, interactive design project or installation.